01 Sep 2019by Network Tribe
Objective Key Results (OKR)
This course is for people working with strategy and goal setting in a position typically as founder, leader, manager or key employee.
This one-day course is for people working with strategy and goal setting either as a founder, leader, manager or as a key employee.
The course handles key components in strategy building – from market dynamics to internal capabilities. Our target is to brush up the participating companies’ strategies to balance outside dynamics with internal capabilities.
We utilize 2 fundamentally different strategy models to utilize their dynamics and their capability to create results for each company.
As an add on to the 2 strategy models, we look at market dynamics in general, how they could affect your choice of strategy and how to implement and operate your strategy.
Towards operations we focus on goal setting using Objectives and Key Results as our tool. Hence, each participating company must bring people relevant to strategy building/execution.
Building on goal setting tools we – if relevant for the company – will touch upon agile working methodologies to promote innovation.
During the course we touch upon key drivers for strategy implementation and – execution, e.g.:
- 2 different strategy models, their dynamics and results. Model fit for your company.
- Outside the company – Market dynamics:
- Disruption means risks and opportunities – how to handle opportunities and mitigate threats?
- Exponential organizations – how do they structure for agility as a strategic choice?
- Inside the Company – Organizational dynamics:
- Objectives and key results – how to focus extremely well and at the same time shooting for the moon?
- Company culture, organization, managerial dilemmas, governance models, people and resources
- Smart governance of the company’s project portfolio – waterfalling and/or Build-Measure-Learn?
- Balancing risks and opportunities in strategy building and execution!
Outcomes from participating
- You acquire good business development and strategy theory and practice – hand in hand – during this intensive 1day training and workshop.
- Your participation and training will enable you to significantly improve your abilities to build – implement – and adjust
strategies given your company’s internal strengths and weaknesses – and the market threats and opportunities.
- You will be part of a professional training network for you to use for coaching and mentoring – and to discuss your own approaches.
- You will improve your personal leadership abilities.
Qualification of the lecturer, Erik Kristiansen
Erik Kristiansen is the founder of the consultancy “BRAINS” situated in central Copenhagen, Denmark. BRAINS deliver Accelerated Innovation and Learning programs to large and medium sized private and public companies in Asia, EU and Africa. BRAINS has worked with strategic change programs together with global companies like Bakrie Brothers, Google, Grundfos, Novozymes, Orsted (global No1 in offshore wind), Samsung, Siemens, Vestas, Vodafone etc. and incorporated more than 30 universities including MIT and Cambridge in their tasks. Erik Kristiansen received the best Industry-University innovation award in 2014 in Denmark – and his 2012 & 2013 Innovation Camps in Shanghai was chosen to officially represent Danish-Chinese innovation collaboration during Denmark’s official state visit to China in 2014. Erik Kristiansen has worked with 9 different ambassadors on change programs in Asia, EU and Africa. Finally, Erik has for 2,5 years been a mentor for Finnish, German and African startups in accelerator programs allowing him to experience the challenges and opportunities smaller companies have in scaling up.